Have you considered the cost of commuting? When thinking about working from home, the commute is a big factor for many people. What does it cost you to commute?
Click image to enlarge
Have you considered the cost of commuting? When thinking about working from home, the commute is a big factor for many people. What does it cost you to commute? Click image to enlargeVia: StreamlineRefinance.net
Could you, would you, accept a lower salary in order to be able to do your job from home? It’s an interesting dilemma for people who have traditional office jobs that can be done from home. How do you approach your employer and what do you say when they ask if you are willing to […]
Have you tried the new Yoplait Splitz yet? What a fun way to have a nutritious snack! With flavors like Rainbow Sherbet, Strawberry Banana Split and Strawberry Sundae, you can’t go wrong. It’s 100% real Yoplait(R) yogurt with no artificial sweeteners or high-fructose corn syrup. Just yummy yogurt goodness that tastes like dessert! You can […]
Great news from MySurvey! They’ve always been one of my favorite online survey companies. They always pay fast, my checks always came very quickly. NOW you can get paid via PayPal too! Also, they’ve added tons of other prizes, gift cards, Amazon.com certificates and all sorts of wonderful things. If you haven’t signed up yet, […]
Don’t forget about surveys! I’ve talked about them before, but another handy check reminded me of how great they are. Now, they aren’t a “job” and won’t replace your income from working. Still, surveys are a great way to earn some extra cash and prizes. For survey beginners, there are a few things to know. […]
Posted by : May 4, 2012| On :
Have you considered the cost of commuting? When thinking about working from home, the commute is a big factor for many people. What does it cost you to commute?
Click image to enlarge
Posted by : October 23, 2010| On :
Here is an interesting quiz from the U.S. State Department. It’s a nice little self-assessment called “Is Telework For You” and it asks some great questions that can help you determine if you and your job are a good fit for telecommuting. If you want to start working from home, this quiz is a good starting point. Check it out!
Posted by : October 11, 2010| On :
Could you, would you, accept a lower salary in order to be able to do your job from home? It’s an interesting dilemma for people who have traditional office jobs that can be done from home. How do you approach your employer and what do you say when they ask if you are willing to take a cut in salary to telecommute? Before answering the question too quickly, take some things into consideration:
1. Is it going to cost your company more or less to have you working from home? Often there can be a cost saving for the employer because many telecommuters provide their own equipment and supplies for their home office.
2. Is it going to cost you more or less to telecommute? Take into account savings on transportation, work clothing purchase and maintenance, fewer lunches out. Also look at your costs such as equipment: computer, printer, paper, extra phone line, special phone equipment, and anything else you will have to provide as a telecommuting employee.
3. Tax benefits? Check with your accountant to see if you will be able to qualify for a home office deduction. This can be a benefit to you for working from home, but you have got to make certain that your home office qualifies and that you follow the IRS rules to the letter. Always check with your tax adviser.
4. Productivity. Will you be able to get more done by telecommuting? Be prepared to explain to your employer exactly HOW you will be more productive, then be prepared to back it up once you start telecommuting.
5. Your mental health. How much is it worth to you to be out of the office and working in your home? Is it more convenient? Calming? Getting you away from office drama? Less stressful? Will you gain the added flexibility you may be seeking?
When it comes down to it, is it worth it to you to earn less as a home-office worker? Can you negotiate with your employer for other benefits in lieu of a higher salary? Expect your employer to try to lowball you, but that doesn’t mean that you have to accept it right off the bat. You can and should negotiate in order to make your telecommuting a win-win situation for you and your company.
Posted by : September 17, 2010| On :
Have you tried the new Yoplait Splitz yet? What a fun way to have a nutritious snack! With flavors like Rainbow Sherbet, Strawberry Banana Split and Strawberry Sundae, you can’t go wrong. It’s 100% real Yoplait(R) yogurt with no artificial sweeteners or high-fructose corn syrup. Just yummy yogurt goodness that tastes like dessert! You can even pop it in the freezer for a couple hours and have a delicious frozen yogurt treat.
You can go right now to http://www.myblogspark.com/uc/main/7b3a/ and download a 0.75 cent coupon for Yoplait Splitz!
Yoplait provided me with a fabulous gift pack through MyBlogSpark, and now YOU have a chance to win a great prize pack too!
Every entry gives you a shot at winning the prize pack including a coupon for some free Yoplait Splitz, a great picnic/stadium blanket and a terrific insulated picnic bag. To enter, do one or more of the following (leaving a separate comment for each):
1. Comment on this post and tell me about your favorite yogurt.
2. Follow me on Twitter, and leave me a comment telling me you’ve done so.
3. Tweet about this post with a link to it, and leave me a comment telling me you’ve done so.
4. “Like” Yoplait on Facebook and leave me a comment telling me you’ve done so.
Each comment is an entry, and the winner will be chosen randomly from all comments. You have until Friday, September 24 to enter, so hurry and get your entries in now!
Posted by : August 14, 2010| On :
Just wanted to share this great article I found on jobs you can do from home: Top 10 Jobs You Can Do From Home. Always good to find tips when you’re looking for legit employment from home. Enjoy!
Posted by : August 9, 2010| On :
TODAY’S THE DAY!!! Laura Stack’s latest, extraordinary book, SuperCompetent: The Six Keys to Perform at Your Productive Best (John Wiley & Sons), was released in bookstores TODAY, AUGUST 9! After almost 20 years of studying the art and science of personal productivity, Laura Stack reveals the six behaviors high-achieving professionals demonstrate over their lower-performing peers.
Today is the day to purchase SUPERCOMPETENT and receive the valuable free bonus gifts listed at http://supercompetentbook.com/bonuses.php, as well as hundreds of dollars in valuable bonuses from her sponsors listed at http://supercompetentbook.com/sponsors.php.
What should you do?
1. Purchase your copy of SuperCompetent TODAY from any retail or online store:
2. Forward your receipt to Book@TheProductivityPro.com.
What do you get for FREE? All the gifts at http://supercompetentbook.com/bonuses.php!
• Dianna Booher is providing a free eBook Write to the Point.
• Joe Calloway is providing the eBook Becoming a Category of One.
• Eric Chester is providing the eBook Employing Generation Why.
• Terri Sjodin is providing a free subscription to the Presenters post quarterly e-newsletter.
• Chris Widener is providing his “Totally Motivated” eBook.
• Mark Sanborn is providing you with access to his in-depth Encore Assessment, a regular $25.95 value.
• Ford Saeks is offering his “Keywords Secrets” Audio MP3, a $47 value.
“Laura Stack knows how to get things done and in short order! Her latest book offers a great work-life-mind balance, which is the key to going from good to great on a personal basis. Read this book and soar.”
Tim Sanders, author of Love Is The Killer App: How To Win Business & Influence Friends
In this competitive economy, just being able to do your job is no longer enough. Competence is expected; you’ve got to be Super Competent to get an edge.
Whether you’re an employee, an entrepreneur, a team leader, or all of the above, SuperCompetent will give you proven methods to reach your and your team’s maximum potential and achieve breakthrough results. You’ll get to your productive best by mastering six keys to peak performance:
1. Activity: the value and importance you place on your work
2. Availability: your ability to master your schedule
3. Attention: the capacity to focus intently and concentrate on tasks
4. Accessibility: the ability to organize the inputs and outputs in your life
5. Accountability: the extent to which you take personal responsibility for your actions and outcomes
6. Attitude: your motivation, drive, and proactiveness
Laura Stack is an international author, productivity expert and speaker, and founder of The Productivity Pro®, Inc., a management consulting firm specializing in creating Maximum Results in Minimum Time®. She is the bestselling author of several other books: The Exhaustion Cure; Find More Time; and Leave the Office Earlier. Laura has been a spokesperson for Microsoft, 3M, Xerox, and Office Depot, and she is the creator of The Productivity Pro® planner by Day-Timer.
Laura commands fees of over $10,000 for one HOUR. You can discover the secrets she teaches to Fortune 500 audiences for less than $20!
To be successful in the business world and reach your full potential in life, it’s not enough to be simply competent. Our modern, super-competitive world is full of opportunities for the go-getter, but to take advantage of them, it’s essential to become “SuperCompetent.” The SUPERCOMPETENT person is one that companies fight to get, fight to keep, nurture as team players, and see as future leaders in their business growth.
“The Productivity Pro, Laura Stack should be known as the Productivity Doctor. This book is like a medical clinic for those seeking to become more productive. I know it has helped me but more importantly the remedies offered by Laura have benefited the people I coach in my professional life. These people keep asking, “Jeff, how do you know how to solve my productivity problems?” My secret weapon…this book.”
Jeff Bettinger, Director Talent Development
SuperCompetence isn’t something you’re born with; it’s something that you can learn, no matter where your strengths lie or what industry you work in. In SUPERCOMPETENT, productivity expert Laura Stack identifies the behaviors that build leadership skills, boost organizational efficiency, and blast high potential producers to the top of their fields.
“This content-rich book is a must read for even those who thought they were productive. Laura Stack delivers specific strategies that will definitely boost your performance and productivity. Her relevant ideas will take you beyond good to SuperCompetent. This book will change how you think about yourself, your time, your use of technology, and your time with others.”
Lisa Ford, Author of #1 selling training series, “How to Give Exceptional Customer Service”
With Stack’s Six Keys, you’ll be able to consistently improve your performance, develop the confidence that will propel you forward, and achieve breakthrough results in your career.
1. Activity: The value and importance you place on your tasks and priorities
2. Availability: The ability to master your schedule and protect your time
3. Attention: The capacity to focus intently and concentrate on critical activities
4. Accessibility: The skill to organize your workflow and quickly find information
5. Accountability: The extent to which you assume personal responsibility for your actions and outcomes
6. Attitude: The intensity of your motivation, drive, and proactiveness
“Ask executives which employees are most valuable to the organization, and they will almost invariably respond, “The people to whom I can point at a problem or opportunity and know that they will get the job done every single time.” These are the super competent people—who are in control of their work—not the other way around. Laura Stack teaches us how to stress less, get much more done, and have more fun while doing it. Reading this book will make a positive impact in your work and your life. Fabulous!”
Joe Calloway, author, Becoming a Category of One
With worksheets and quizzes that help you evaluate your performance at every stage, and invaluable resources for further information, you’ll be able to integrate the Six Keys of SuperCompetence into your daily, weekly, and lifetime business practices. From the sales floor to the conference room, from board meetings to informal networking events, SuperCompetent enables you to build your focus, manage your resources, and maximize your ability to deliver at every level.
Few books are generating the level of advance publicity and acclaim as Laura Stack’s new book, SuperCompetent: The Six Keys to Perform at Your Productive Best (Wiley, 2010). Here’s what the experts are saying:
“Laura is a master at her craft and offers innovative ideas on how to squeeze the most out of our daily lives. Productivity is more than just staying busy; it’s about achieving success and significance in everything you do. She unlocks the secrets to how we can all do more, be more, and have more each and every day.”
Dr. Nido Qubein
President, High Point University
Chairman, Great Harvest Bread Co.
SuperCompetency is not about mantras but about mindsets. SuperCompetent will transform how you think. The Productivity Pro® gives you a clear and practical system for achieving Maximum Results in Minimum Time®.
“HEY YOU! That’s right, you, the person wondering if a book about being SuperCompetent is worth the investment or has any relevance to your life, career, or company. Haven’t you heard? Simply being competent is for Wanna-Be’s. The HEROES actively manage their performance and productivity to achieve the results they want and need. Isn’t that you … or at least the YOU that you want to be? SuperCompetent is that rare book that combines ideas you can implement immediately with thoughtful truths to keep you focused on what is really important. So what are you waiting for? Buy this book. Study and apply its lessons. And, give yourself an edge in your career and your life.”
Randy G. Pennington, Author, Results Rule! Build a Culture that Blows the Competition Away
Take the SUPERCOMPETENT assessment, download articles, watch a video, and join our Discussion Forum at www.SuperCompetentBook.com!
“Become more aerodynamic. That’s what Laura Stack helps her reader to do with her tremendously practical book, SuperCompetent. Consider the racing industry. In all of its various forms – cars, bikes, humans, horses – the principle of aerodynamics rules. Some of the smallest design changes can elevate performance monumentally. In my work with high-performing, high-potential leaders, I have found time and again that increasing effectiveness is almost singularly hinged upon decreasing interference. Simple? Perhaps. Easy? Not so much. Effective? Without a doubt. Using Laura’s Six Keys, a leader can identify, diagnose, and understand specific sources of interference. Using the numerous practical tips Laura provides with each of those Six Keys, that leader can then work ruthlessly to reduce each source to perform at his or her productive best.”
Catherine Stewart, SPHR
High-potential program developer and manager
With SUPERCOMPETENT, you will discover how to:
• Create systems to perform tasks more efficiently, so you can leave the office on time.
• Accomplish the day’s most profitable and valuable activities.
• Refuse requests when appropriate and learn to say no graciously.
• Push tasks down to the lowest level of responsibility, trusting others to do their jobs.
• Limit your multi-tasking in order to maximize your focus and productivity.
• Create the perfect time management system for your personality, environment, and work situation.
• Organize your email and regularly empty your inbox.
• Track your historical communications, phone calls, and meeting results.
• Work efficiently and get a lot accomplished while traveling.
• Increase team efficiency by improving unusually lengthy or inefficient processes.
• Make decisions quickly, once you have all the information you need.
• Remain open to change and always seek better solutions.
“Every CEO should make this required reading for every employee. After 20 years of turning around the results of companies, I only wish I had this on my recommended reading list for clients earlier. Uncommon sense that will turn any organization into a Thank God It’s Monday Results Rule Workplace!”
Roxanne Emmerich, CEO, The Emmerich Group, Inc.
Author, Thank God It’s Monday!
Purchase SUPERCOMPETENT today, August 9, and forward your receipt to Book@TheProductivityPro.com. You’ll receive free the bonus gifts listed at http://supercompetentbook.com/bonuses.php.
Posted by : July 11, 2010| On :
Check out this yummy giveaway over at MyFrugalYear.com http://myfrugalyear.com/2010/07/11/giveaway-betty-crocker-mississippi-mud-supreme-bars/ . Enter and get some deliciousness sent to your door!
Posted by : June 6, 2010| On :
One company that hires telecommuters is UHaul. They are looking for home agents making $8/hour. No college degree required and all training and work is done from your home office. The job is with their sales and reservations department, which is a 27/7 operation, so it looks like there would be opportunities for all kinds of schedules. See the job ad on the Uhaul site.
Posted by : May 15, 2010| On :
Great news from MySurvey! They’ve always been one of my favorite online survey companies. They always pay fast, my checks always came very quickly. NOW you can get paid via PayPal too! Also, they’ve added tons of other prizes, gift cards, Amazon.com certificates and all sorts of wonderful things. If you haven’t signed up yet, I highly encourage doing so.
Posted by : April 27, 2010| On :
Hi readers! This is off-topic, but I really want to share this story with you. This couple is trying to adopt two teen sisters from Latvia whom they met on a trip. As you may know, overseas adoptions can be complicated, but the ages of these girls is making it even more of a challenge. David and Julie are an amazing couple with huge hearts and would be incredible parents for these girls. I got to meet Baiba and Agnese when they came to visit David and Julie over the holidays and they are just great kids who need a forever family. PLEASE – visit their website, send your prayers and good thoughts and if you can help these wonderful people become a family, please do!
Thanks for reading!